Gmail Sign up - How to create a Gmail account
Gmail is a popular free email service provided by Google. By signing up for a Gmail account, you can use all Google services such as Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Google Drive, and many more. Your Gmail account could be also considered a Google Account. This article shows you how to create a new Gmail account within seconds.
Gmail Sign Up - How to create a Gmail account
2. The signup form will now appear. Enter required personal information including:
- Your first and last name.
- Your username: Your username must be not yet used by others. If the username you want is already taken, you will need to choose another one.
- Your password: Please choose a strong password to keep your account secure by using a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password.
3. Once you have provided all of the necessary information, click Next.
If you fill any field incorrectly, Google will show you an error message to guide you to recheck it again.
4. You might be asked to provide a phone number to verify your account. If so, enter your phone number then click Next.
You can see the country flag next to Phone number. If your country is not correct, simply click the flag and choose the right country.
5. Google will send a text message containing a 6-digit verification code to your phone number. Check your phone and enter the code into the box. Then, click Verify.
6. You will need to provide some other information including:
- Your recovery email address (optional)
- Your birthday
- Your gender
7. Click Next.
Congratulations! Your Gmail account has been successfully created! You can start using Gmail and other Google services!
If you don't know how to log into your Gmail account, you can read this article for a comprehensive guide: Gmail Login.
Frequently Asked Questions (Gmail FAQs)
Can I have 2 Gmail email addresses?
Yes. You can have multiple Gmail accounts. Google doesn't put a limit on the number of accounts that a person can create. You can create new accounts quickly and switch between different accounts easily. You can have both a personal and a work Gmail account. So you can have many Gmail accounts as you want. There are no limits!
Is making a Gmail account free?
Yes. Gmail is a free email service. And you can sign up for an account and use Gmail for free.
Can I create multiple Gmail accounts with one phone number?
You can create up to six Gmail accounts verified with the exact same phone number. So if you reached the limit and still want to have more Gmail accounts, you can verify them with a different phone number.
Remember that you don't need to give them your phone number. However, if you want to secure and protect your account, you can provide them with your phone number.
Can I change my name in Gmail?
Yes, you can change the name that is linked to your Gmail email address. However, you can't change your username or your email address. If you want to change your email address, you need to sign up for a new address. After signing up, you can easily transfer data (emails and contacts) from your old email address to the new one.
Can I delete my Gmail account?
The answer is Yes. You can delete your Gmail at any time. Once you delete your account, you will lose all the data in that account including emails, photos, files, and calendars,... So make sure you backup your Gmail before deleting it.
How to create a Gmail account without a phone number verification?
You don't need to have a phone number to create a Gmail account. You just need to follow the steps above to sign up for an account and keep the phone number field blank.
It is recommended to add a recovery email address to your Gmail address so that you can easily recover or verify your account when you forget your password or when there is an unusual log-in from a certain device.
That's it! Now you know how to create a Gmail account. Signing up for an account in Gmail is free and simple with our Gmail sign up guide! If you have any trouble creating an account, leave a comment below and we will help you solve it!