How to Check Airpod Battery Life
ou can feel the battery dying, but you don't know how to check the battery status. This feeling can turn into frustration if you have to worry about your AirPods battery every time you use them, especially if you are always on the phone. What a nightmare it would be if your AirPods died in the middle of a very important work call. Here's how to check your Airpods battery life on different devices and in different situations so you know when it's time to get a new pair.
How to check Airpod Battery on an iPhone or iPad
Once you've paired your AirPods with your iPhone or iPad at least once, you can use either of these methods.
Opening the case
1. Make sure your iPhone or iPad has Bluetooth turned on. You can do this from the Settings menu or the Control Center.
2. Bring your iPhone or iPad close to the case with the AirPods inside and open it.
3. The bottom of the screen should have a pop-up window. It will show how long the AirPods and their case can stay charged.
Using the battery widget
You can use the battery widget on your widget page to check the battery life of your AirPods while you're wearing them.
1. On the first Home page of your iPhone or iPad, swipe to the right to get to your widgets.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Edit. Then tap the plus sign in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the widgets list and tap Batteries. Then choose how big you want the widget to be.
4. Put your widget where you want it, then tap "Done" in the upper-right corner.
Now, you can check the battery percentage of your AirPods, iPhone, and any other connected devices on the widget page (like an Apple Watch).
How to check your AirPods' battery life on a Mac
If you have paired your AirPods with your Mac, you can see how much power they have left from your desktop. If they are in their case when you do this, just remember to open the case.
1. Click either the Bluetooth icon or the speaker icon in the menu bar at the top of your Mac's screen.
2. Choose "AirPods," and you'll see how much time each earbud and the case have left on its charge.
RELATED: How to reset Airpods.
How to Check AirPod Battery Without Connecting to Any Device
Even though the above methods can give you an accurate reading of your AirPods' battery level, you can start to figure out how your battery is doing by looking at the status light on the case.
Depending on the model, the light will either be on the front of your AirPods case or in the space where your AirPods sit inside the case.
Here's how to figure out what the status light on your AirPods means:
If the whole screen is green, the case and/or AirPods are fully charged (or almost fully charged). For a normal listening session, you won't have to worry about their charge level, so you can stop charging them.
If the light stays solid amber or orange, your AirPod battery is charging.
If there's no light, it means your AirPods don't have any power.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should the battery life of the AirPods be?
Even if we have a gut feeling that our batteries aren't as good as they used to be, that isn't enough to get a new one. To know if you're getting close to 80 percent, you need to know how long the battery used to last.
Learn about battery life
When the charge on your AirPods is getting low, your iPhone or iPad will show you a message. You'll get a message when the charge is at 20, 10, and 5% left.
When one or both AirPods' batteries are low, you can also hear a tone. When the battery is at 10%, you hear the tone once, and then again right before the AirPods turn off.
Your batteries are all charged up and seem to be in good shape. You're completely absorbed in the walk and sure that you won't run out of power on your AirPods before you're done. If you're the type who always wants to check, you even have a widget so you don't have to mess with the case every time you want to see how much power you have.