How to Download YouTube Videos on PC and Mobile
You can download YouTube videos to watch them later when you don't have an Internet connection. This article will guide you on how to download YouTube videos on a computer, Mac, and mobile devices (Android, iPhone).
How to Download YouTube Videos on PC, Mac, and Mobile (Android, iOS)
You can download YouTube videos using the official YouTube app if you have a Premium subscription. Here's how:
1. Open the YouTube app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Look for the video you'd like to save.
3. On the right side of the video thumbnail, tap the 3-dot button.
4. Select Video Download from the drop-down menu.
5. Choose your favorite Download quality and click the Download button to begin storing your video to your computer.
If you're already watching the video, the Download option will appear underneath the player. To download the video, simply tap it.
Based on your initial settings, your video should begin downloading right now. You may need to adjust the download parameters to meet your requirements. It's as simple as going to the Download settings page:
- Tap your profile image in the top-right corner of the YouTube app.
- Select Settings from the menu bar.
- Downloads that you've chosen
- You may then fine-tune your download choices from there.
The official YouTube app has a distinct disadvantage in that it requires a paid subscription in some locations, which may be inconvenient for users. Additionally, if you want to share the downloaded video file with someone later, the YouTube app will not allow you to do so. Using a YouTube video downloader tool is the best option.
If you don't have a Premium subscription, then you can use a third-party app.
None of these apps are available on the Play Store, so you'll have to get them via third-party app stores or their official website. If you're okay with that, we'll show you how to download YouTube videos on Android using third-party apps. We'll utilize Y25s in this article. If you like, you can also get VideoMate, TubeMate, and other programs.
How to download YouTube videos on Y25s
Y25s is a service that allows you to download YouTube videos to your computer and then transfer the contents to your Android device. You can also use Y25s on your Android phone or tablet through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
1. Enter the YouTube video's URL into Y25s, then select Start.
2. Select the video quality you want to download, then click Get Link.
3. Choose.mp4 as the format and a folder to save the YouTube video if you're downloading it from your PC. If you want, rename the video. (You can't specify a folder or rename the file on Android.)
4. After the YouTube video downloads to your computer, transfer the file to your Android to watch it.