How to Hide your Friends List on Facebook
By default, everyone can see your Facebook profile, your posts, and even your friends. This is helpful for other people to be able to find you and connect with you if your friend list is public. Using Facebook's privacy settings, you can limit who can see your whole list of friends if you'd like. You might not want everyone to see it, especially if you want to hide the identities of some friends from others. Or maybe you just want to keep your online connections private and don't want everyone to know who you're connected to. Here's how to hide your friends list on Facebook on a computer and iPhone, Android device.
How to hide your friends on Facebook on a computer
1. Open up a web browser and go to https://www.facebook.com/ then log into your account.
2. Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of the page.
3. Click Settings & Privacy in the drop-down menu, and then click Settings.
4. Click Privacy in the box on the left side of the screen.
5. In the How people can find and contact you section, click Edit next to Who can see your friends list?.
6. Click the down arrow to see a list of choices. You can pick "Public," "Friends," "Friends except...", "Specific friends," "Only me," or "Custom."
You can enter specific names if you click "Custom."
7. When you're done adding a person, click "Save Changes."
How to hide your friends on Facebook via a mobile device
You can also hide your friends list on Facebook using a Facebook app on iPhone and Android device.
1. Open the Facebook app on your mobile.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines in the lower right corner of the screen on an iPhone and in the upper right corner on an Android.
3. Tap "Settings and Privacy."
4. Tap "Settings."
5. Scroll down to "Privacy" section and tap "Privacy Settings."
6. Scroll down "How People Find and Contact You" section.
7. Tap "Who can see your friends list?"
8. Pick who you want to see your list of friends. You can pick "Public," "Friends," "Friends except...," "Specific friends," or "Only me." If you pick "Friends except...", you can keep certain people from seeing your list of friends.
What to remember?
On your profile, you can only choose who can see your list of friends. Your friends can also choose who can see their friendships on their own profiles.
If you set your friends list to "Only me," for example, only you will be able to see your full list of friends on your profile. But if your friend has their friends list set to Public, anyone can see that you are friends.
If people can see that you're friends with someone on another profile, they can also see it in their News Feed, when they search, and in other places on Facebook.
When people look at your profile, they might see friends they already know.