How to Scan QR Codes on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
A QR code is a type of two-dimensional barcode that can be read by devices with a camera or a special barcode reader. QR codes are often used to open websites or make an app do something specific. Some QR codes even let people pay for goods, like gas, as an alternative way to pay without touching anything.
In the last two years, QR codes have become more popular because the pandemic has made it more important to be able to talk to people without touching them. The camera on your device can read these two-dimensional barcodes. They are often used by stores, websites, and other places to send or store information.
Apple has built a QR code reader into the camera of the best iPhones and iPads, so it's easy to scan QR codes with these devices. But, like most tech software, it can take a few minutes to learn how to use this handy tool. That's why we've put together this simple guide on how to scan QR codes on your iPhone or iPad.
Scanning QR codes on an iPhone or iPad is very easy, but not everyone knows how to do it. If you don't know what a QR code is and have never scanned one on your device before, don't worry. You're in the right place. This article will walk you through the steps to scan QR codes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
How to scan QR codes on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
1. Open the Camera app on your iPhone and iPad device.
2. Point your camera at a QR code
3. Tap the pop-up notification that appears.
4. That's it! The iPhone Camera app can automatically find QR codes and give you a tooltip that lets you use the code whenever you want.
You don't have to press the shutter button; your iOS device will automatically read the QR code and show you a message on-screen.
Tap the notification to go to the destination of the QR code. This could be a website, an app, or a phone feature. Don't forget that you can now change the default browser on your iPhone or iPad, thanks to a change in recent versions of iOS. This means that when you scan, you'll get a reminder to go to Chrome or Safari.
What to do if you don't see the banner or QR icon?
Make sure the Scan QR Codes feature is turned on if you don't see the banner or QR icon. To do this, go to Settings > Camera > tap the slider next to Scan QR Codes. When it is green, you will know that it is on.
How to add a QR code scanner to Control Center
1. Open Settings.
2. Choose Control Center.
3. Scroll down and tap on the QR Code Reader button.
4. You will now see a small button that looks like a QR code when you open your Control Center. If you tap that button when you want to scan a QR code, it will automatically start the action that the QR code tells it to do.