How to Screenshot on Chromebook
Here's how to take a screenshot on a Chromebook so you can save the whole screen, part of the screen, or just one window. You might want to know how to take a screenshot on Chromebook if you just bought one of the best Chromebooks. And luckily, it's a very easy thing to do. As with Windows and macOS, all you have to do is press a few keys to capture what's on your screen. But Chrome OS goes even further than some other operating systems because it has a cool widget for taking screenshots. This lets you, among other things, take a screenshot of just a certain window or a part of the screen.
How to screenshot on Chromebook
A Chromebook makes it easy to take a simple screenshot. You would use this method if you wanted to save whatever was on your screen at a certain time.
1. Find the part of the page you want to capture. On a Chromebook, you can capture almost anything: web pages, apps, your desktop, or anything else you want.
2. Press and hold the Ctrl key, then press the "Show Windows" key.
3. Find your picture. By default, Chrome OS saved it in the My Files > Downloads folder. Open the Files app to find it. If you don't know where it is, use the launcher to look for it.
Your screenshot will also be on your clipboard, which is useful if you want to paste it right into a Google Docs or Slides document.
And finally, on some Chromebooks, when you take it, a window will pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can click on this to go to the Files app right away.
How to take a partial screenshot on Chromebook
Taking a partial screenshot that only captures a certain part of the Chromebook screen is just as easy as taking a standard screenshot.
1. Find the content you want to take a screenshot of.
2. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and press the Show Windows key.
3. You'll see a message that says, "Drag to choose an area to capture." The screen will be darker, and your cursor will look like a crosshair.
4. Drag the mouse or trackpad over the area you want to capture to choose it. The area you want to capture will stand out.
5. Press the button that says "Capture" in the middle of the screenshot. Your screenshot will be saved in the same place as before: the My Files/Downloads area.
How to take a screenshot of a window on Chromebook
If you don't want a screenshot that includes your taskbar, you can use Chrome OS's screenshot tool to take a picture of just one window. Here's what to do:
1. Find the content you want to take a picture of.
2. Press and hold the Ctrl and Alt keys at the same time, and then press the Show Windows key.
3. The Chrome OS Screenshot toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
4. Press the icon in the middle that is to the right of the other two. This is the option for "Window screenshot."
5. When you choose that option, your cursor will turn into a camera icon. Click on the icon and move it over to the window you want to take a picture of. This will only take a picture of one window, not your whole screen. Your screenshot will be saved in your My Files folder, just like before.