How to Uninstall Apps on your Mac
You can delete unwanted apps on your Mac and free up some space for your device. This can be done from either Launchpad or the Finder. This is especially important if you are having trouble because of a bad app. Here are several ways to completely uninstall apps on your Mac.
How to Uninstall Apps on the Mac using the Launchpad
Launchpad makes it easy to get rid of apps that you got from the App Store.
1. To open Launchpad, just click it in the Dock.
You can also open it from the Applications folder.
2. Find the app you want to uninstall.
If you can't find the app in Launchpad, type its name in the search box at the top of the screen. Or, you can swipe right or left on your trackpad with two fingers to see the next or previous page.
3. Next, click on the app icon and hold it down. After a few seconds, the icon will start to shake, and an X will show up in the top-left corner.
4. Click the "Delete" button next to the app you want to get rid of, and then click "Delete" again to confirm.
The app is removed right away. Apps that don't show up didn't come from the App Store or your Mac needs them. Use the Finder to get rid of an app that didn't come from the App Store.
How to Uninstall Apps on MacBook with Finder
1. On your Mac, open a new Finder window by clicking on the half-gray, half-blue face icon in your Dock.
2. Click Applications on the left side of the screen. You can also open the Applications folder by pressing Command + Shift + A at the same time on your keyboard.
3. Drag the app to the Trash, or right-click on the app then select File then Move to Trash.
4. If you are asked for a user name and password, use the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. Most likely, this is the name and password you use to get into your Mac.
5. Choose Finder then select Empty Trash to delete the app.
How to Uninstall Apps on MacBook with App Uninstaller
Some apps have their own ways to get rid of them. To make the uninstallation process safer, it is recommended that you use the uninstaller tool that came with the program.
1. Open a Finder window. You can also click on the desktop and press the Command + N keys to open a new Finder window.
2. In the left sidebar, click Applications.
3. Open the folder for the program you want to get rid of. If the app isn't in a folder, it probably doesn't have an uninstaller.
4. Double-click on the tool to remove the app.
5. Follow the steps to get rid of the app.
Now that you know how to get rid of those apps for good, you can do so and give your Mac more space.
Anyone who uses macOS should know how to get rid of apps from their MacBook. Maybe you installed an app a long time ago that is taking up too much space on your desktop. You might have downloaded a game you don't play anymore and want to get rid of it. No matter what your reason is, you need to get rid of an app you already have on your MacBook.