Why Does It Say "Location Not Available" on iMessage
iOS devices are known to have many hardware and software features that form an ecosystem that makes iOS devices stand out. Location sharing is one of the very important features of iOS. You can use it or just not use it. This feature helps you share your location with other friends who also have iPhone and use iMessage. So, have you ever had a situation where your iPhone says the location is not available? And have not found a solution yet. Sharing your location with friends can be incredibly useful. Here's what to do if you get the error "Location not available on iPhone" when you track location in iMessage.
Why Does It Say Location Not Available on iMessage iPhone
"Location not available on iPhone" meaning: When you get this error message, it means that you or your friends are currently unable to share your location. If you are unable to appear on your friends' Find My, you should check your Internet connection and ensure that both you and your friends have enabled location services.
How to fix Location Not Available on iPhone
There are many reasons why the iPhone's location is not available. Here are some things you can do to enable location on your iPhone.
1. Enable location services on the iPhone
To be able to share or receive your location on your iPhone, you need to enable GPS or switch locations. Implementation steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select the Privacy option.
3. Select location and then Location Services.
4. Return to the Locations page and select the Find option.
5. A toggle labeled Exact Location will be displayed.
6. Hit the switch and you're done.
7. You can turn on the same Share your location switch on a friend or family member's iPhone to see their location.
8. Make sure to select iMessages and enable location services for them.
2. Connect to the Internet
For an iPhone to be able to accurately determine your location, it must be connected to the Internet, using your mobile data, or to a Wi-Fi connection for the feature to work. In short, your iPhone must be online to be able to share your location.
3. Correct the Date and Time on your iPhone
When your iPhone has location services and is connected to the Internet, it will still refuse to share your location if the device's date and time are incorrect. So your device always needs to have the correct date and time.
3. Restart apps and devices
Once the location setting has been turned on, you can open the app you want to share your location with. Or you can simply close the app and reopen it. Alternatively, you can restart your iPhone and everything should work fine.
4. Check for updates
Sometimes you may experience errors or glitches in location services caused by a recent update. It's best to check for updates and see if there are any that fix bugs and location glitches. To check for updates:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select General.
2. An iPhone needs to be connected to a cellular data network or a Wi-Fi network.
3. On the General page, select the Software Update option.
4. If any update is available, download and install it on your iPhone.
5. Reset iPhone
If the above methods do not help you restore location services on your iPhone, then you need to do a factory reset. This way, your iPhone will erase all data and reset the device to its original state. Here's how to restart iPhone.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select General and then select Transfer or reset iPhone.
3. Click the Reset option.
6. Other options
1. Select the Reset Location and Privacy option. This will reset all location and privacy settings.
Go back and enable all the location and privacy settings as mentioned in the steps above.
2. If the location is still not obtained, return to the iPhone settings reset page.
Select the Erase all content and settings option. At this point, all your data will be erased, and it will take some time for you to reset your iPhone. Then you have to turn on location and its services, and finally make sure that your iPhone can share the location.
Location not available on iPhone is a common problem for Apple users and you can resolve it easily with the above methods.