Yahoo Mail Sign In Problems
There could be various reasons that you are not able to log into your Yahoo! Mail account. Here you will find solutions for some common account access issues.
Yahoo Mail Sign In Problems
Yahoo Mail Sign-in Helper is a page that helps you regain your access to your account if have any ID or password-related issues.
1. I forgot my password
If you want to reset your forgotten password, you may go to the Yahoo Mail Sign-in Helper. You will need to provide your Yahoo ID and select a password recovery method (using your recovery mobile number or alternate email address) to regain access.
You can read this article for a more comprehensive guide on how to reset your password: How to recover a Yahoo password.
2. I forgot my Yahoo ID
The Sign-in Helper is capable of doing more than just resetting passwords. All you have to do is to provide the mobile number or secondary email address associated with your account. Yahoo will send you a message to refresh your memory.
3. I think someone is using my account
In case you're locked out because someone else changed your Yahoo password, you can use the Sign-in Helper to get back to your account. You should change your password immediately and follow Yahoo's steps to secure a hacked account. Remember to use a strong password.
4. "Invalid ID or Password" message
This means that you may have entered your ID or Password incorrectly. You should check the following:
- Caps Lock or Num Lock Keys: make sure these two keys on your keyboard haven't accidentally been pressed.
- Browser auto-fill settings: If your browser remembers your password and you've recently changed it. Then, you will need to enter your new password manually to override your browser settings.
- If those are not the case and you're sure you entered the correct information, you may try using the Sign-in Helper to get back to your account immediately since it may imply that someone else has accessed to your account.
5. "First time signing in here" message
If you're trying to sign in from an unusual device or location, you may be asked for an Account Key (sent to your phone or alternative email) to verify that it's really you.
6. "Account Locked" message
If you have too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts, a 12-hour temporary lock will be triggered to protect your account. However, you can always regain access immediately with the Sign-in Helper.
7. The sign-in screen loops or reloads
If the sign-in screen just keeps reappearing when you click Sign in, you may need to clear your browser's cookies or reset the Sign-in cookie and try signing in again.
To reset the Sign-in cookie:
Step 1: Click Not you? on the sign-in page.
Step 2: Enter your Yahoo ID and password, then click Sign in.
8. I'm using the right password and Yahoo ID, but I still can't sign in
You might be using an out-of-date or unsupported browser. Yahoo works best with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.